VAC intermittent Distortion - Win7 - Flex5000A
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

VAC intermittent Distortion - Win7 -... Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, April 4, 2011 10:26 PM
HELP

I am running a flex5000A, quad core processor, windows7/8 GB Ram on an Intel mother board.

When running the program, all of a sudden the audo goes raspy and distorted. All kinds of wierd traces and signal duplications show up on the super browser and or waterfall. Momentarily bumping VAC off and on will clear things up. It may not last long before re occurance. This occurs when running HRD's DM780 or FLdigi. Same problem exist.

I have shut down all the back ground programs, changed drivers and settings till I am blue in the face. I have a neighbor that is having the same problem with XP PRO. I am not sure it is a windows driver issue, maybe a VAC Issue, interrupts, drivers Power SDR or what. I have even changed VAC programs in desperation. All I know is that must be resolved. I am to the point of doing away with the VAC use and go back to my trusty Signalink USB. Certainally I am not the only person with this problem driving us nuts!

The kind of money I have spent I am very disappointed the problems and issues I am encountering.

Any help or suggestions very much appreciated.

nq4a@verizon.net

Regards and 73

Jon - Richmond VA

Post #4137
Posted Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:02 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:13 AM
Jon,
I don't know if Ican help or not.. I have not had that kind of a problem myself...
I would suggest as a place to start is to down load and install the free DPC latency checking tool ..
see
http://kc.flexradio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50058.aspx
and
http://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml

Look for DPC latency spikes concurrent with the onset of you audio problem. If there is concurrence, then you will need to figure out what on your computer is causing the spikes.

I assume that you have already opened FlexRadio driver control panel and tried other Safe Level settings.

AL, K0VM
SDR-1000, Flex5000, Flex user since 2006
Post #4363
Posted Sunday, December 18, 2011 8:29 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, October 6, 2013 6:58 AM
I had similar problems with my new Flex. I bought a new PCI Fireware card from Best Buy and that seemed to take care of 90% of that flutter/stutter problem that the rig was having. The on-board Firewire doesn't meet the requirements and the DPCs were over 2000 or better. I've got a new i5 quad core Dell with 8 gigs of ram and it flat didn't like the integrated firewire. That could be your problem as you didn't say if you had integrated Firewire in your post.

Good Luck,

Tom
WQ5O
Post #5225
Posted Tuesday, January 31, 2012 5:02 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 4:57 AM
You using flex5000A, quad core processor, windows7/8 GB Ram on an Intel mother board. How does it work for your system?

oil painting from photo
Post #5379
Posted Tuesday, May 22, 2012 5:43 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 5:29 AM
I am also using flex5000A, quad core processor, windows7/8 GB Ram on an Intel mother board but it give error on my system. Can you help me for solving this?

Australia parcel
Post #5692
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 10:46am