Flex 3000 Newbie
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Flex 3000 Newbie Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 6:37 PM
Received my Flex-3000 this week and had it installed and up an running on SSB in the span of an evening.  Installed PowerSDR 2.0.19 RC1 that came packed with the unit and it seems to me they've made the whole installation process pretty easy.  That assumes, of course, that you read the instructions.  From reading previous posts from new users, I was prepared for a bit more of an adventure, but it really was simple and straightforward.  Of course, I had prepared my PC ahead of time, getting a PCI-E firewire card and upgrading from Vista to Windows 7. 

After the success of the first evening, the next evening was spent trying to get com0com working so that I could connect with HRD to enable continued use of my HRD logbook and DM 780.  One note of caution on that -- if you're running a 64-bit version of Win 7, there is a 64-bit version of com0com that you must have.  Learned that one the hard way.  Had a few false starts on that but finally got that going and actually made DX contact on PSK-31. 

Overrall, I'm very impressed and looking forward to learning more about some of the features of PowerSDR and the Flex in general.  I'm already working stations that I would never have heard with my old rig and seem to be getting through the pileups a lot easier than I used to -- all great fun. 

Two issues that I'm still dealing with that are perplexing me -- 1) setting levels on PSK -- I can't seem to get enough audio generated to create over about 15W (with Drive at 100) without ALC kicking in.  Maybe that's not a problem with the Flex, but runs counter to my previous experience with the old "analog" rig and haven't made enough contacts on PSK to get good feedback on what my trace looks like on the waterfall and 2) most times when I start up PowerSDR, I have to import the database before I can get any audio out of it.  It works fine after I do that, it just has to be done abou 80% of the time.  Probably doing something wrong in both cases that I'll eventually figure out.

My Station:
Flex 3000 running PowerSDR 2.0.19 RC1
PC:  Dell XPS, Core i7 Processor, 6GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit SP1

Looking forward to many happy days of operating.

NZ0F

Post #4119
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 4:28pm