Flex 1500 reciver problem
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12»»

Flex 1500 reciver problem Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, March 7, 2011 12:12 AM
i am having some problems with my Flex 1500. Maybe someone can help me with it. Flex has been very good with me and trying to fix the issues but hasn't as of yet.

the problem is ill be monitoring and the all of a sudden the volume goes into a stage where this blowing sound takes over the radio receiver. also now what happens is if i am keyed up talking , i loose my audio on radio, until i reboot the radio and reload the software.
when i turn off the radio off at this time it makes a loud beep sound in the computer.
Any help would be nice.

( things i have tried )
totally reinstalled the software
grounding everything including the computer
pulled out the sound card and use internal one and remove sound drivers
(still does it with different sound card)

i am wondering the best way to totally clear all of the software out of the registry?

if anyone can help with this please i can also be contacted at k4kwq@yahoo.com

i am lost please Help
thanks Tim
k4kwq

Thanks k4kwq Tim
Post #4059
Posted Sunday, March 6, 2011 1:00 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Friday, May 24, 2013 6:00 PM
Tim,

Some questions:

1. What version of PSDR?
2. What Windows OS ?
3. The 1500 has an internal sound card - why are you messing with your PC's?
4. Disconnect ANT plug in stereo headphones (into 1500) - start PSDR - leave on for 30min
does the effect still occur ?
5. When you say you did a reinstall - did you physically remove ALL FLEX components?
8. Did you follow Flex instructions on installing PSDR (to the letter) ?
9. Did the PC optimize the PSDR (part of the installation process)?
10. Did your 1500 indicate it required a 'firmware' update at any time during the installation?
(this update would happen automatically with PSDR ver 19 )
11. Have you tried another USB Port?
12. Have you made sure that there are no previously exported/saved 'database' files lurking?
13. Have you reset your database (recommended - sometimes helps)?
14. Uncheck VAC (if checked) make sure default settings are set correctly (reset)?

Tim, a lot of questions - but it's your eyes and ears that are there!

let us know!

Post #4062
Posted Monday, March 14, 2011 8:53 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, April 28, 2013 6:48 PM
i have had the same problem using a toshiba laptop computer. it sounded like a buzzer going off inside of the radio.i am now using an e machine laptop and it seems to work ok most of the time. it has worked ok on my e machines desktop computer.
Post #4101
Posted Wednesday, March 16, 2011 1:14 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 3:01 PM
I have been having this same issue also, it has happened on 3 different computers, 2 are IBM laptops one with XP pro and the other with Win 7 ult just a simple on and on of the start will clear it up. Would like to find the fix for this.

gene

Also should add that this has done this with v2.0.20 as well as .19

Post #4102
Posted Wednesday, March 23, 2011 8:33 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, March 6, 2012 9:04 PM
I have the same issue - it seems to appear when CPU spikes on the Toshiba laptop. Goes away by clicking START to stop SDR then START again. Sounds like open squelch on a VHF rig.(Vista 64Bit, dual core Centrino, 1.544mHz processor)

So I built up a Windoze 7, ASUS/AMD 4 core gaming type machine. And I can't get the 1500 to work... but I'm only an hour or so into it... I believe the installer is looking for the 1500 down the firewire interface...

Mickey

Mickey N4MB
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Post #4124
Posted Saturday, March 26, 2011 10:51 AM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 3:52 PM
i had the same problem. it was a p-4 laptop with xp. it was randum but it also seems to be when i had a high cpu spike. changed to a different system with more ram and free resources and have not had problem since.

Carey Lockhart, kc5gtt
www.kc5gtt.com
Post #4132
Posted Tuesday, April 12, 2011 10:48 PM
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:59 PM
Mine has done the same thing a few times. I can usually either hit the start button to stop and restart or change the mode from cw to something else then back and it starts working again. A few times I've had to kill PSDR and restart it. It seems like it mostly does it when my CPU utilization is 100% for a while. I'm running a pretty slow computer but have a new one (well, refurb...) ordered and should have it in a week or so.

Kerry, WD5ABC
Post #4211
Posted Saturday, April 23, 2011 3:29 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, November 7, 2012 11:04 PM
Just bought a 1500 at the DX Convention in Visalia. Running the PowerSDR 2.0.22 that came with it. I can reproduce the problem consistently. Just do enough movement on the display for your cpu to hit 100% and it almost always will happen. Some of the time I have to stop the radio and exit then power down the hardware to get rid of it. The 1500 will still have a high pitched sound even with the application closed. I think the receiver is going in to oscillation at that point.

Pete W6OP

Pete W6OP
Post #4247
Posted Sunday, April 24, 2011 1:00 PM
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:59 PM
I've set up my new computer, now it only runs 3-4% CPU utilization most of the time but it still did it once a couple of nights ago. I can switch modes then go back to the original mode and it goes back to normal. The noise almost sounds like I switched to FM with an open squelch. It did the same thing with the old computer, if I switched modes it would go back to normal. So, I don't think it's completely related to CPU utilization.

Kerry, WD5ABC
Post #4263
Posted Sunday, April 24, 2011 5:03 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, March 6, 2012 9:04 PM
Is this being tracked as an open bug?

Mickey N4MB
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Post #4264
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 3:05am