United Kingdom Band Plan 60m
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

United Kingdom Band Plan 60m Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, February 5, 2011 6:43 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, February 18, 2011 11:04 AM
Having acquired a "Notice of Variation" (NoV) to operate on 5Mhz I have had the firmware on my 1500 updated so the rig is recognised as a UK unit (a turf file was provided by Waters and Stanton for this.). I was hoping to be able to use it on 60m, however I cannot TX on the channels. Is it possible to transmit using the 1500 on the following frequencies:

Centre Selected Frequency (USB) Channel ID
5260 kHz 5258.5 kHz FA
5280 kHz 5278.5 kHz FB
5290 kHz 5288.5 kHz FC
5368 kHz 5366.5 kHz FK
5373 kHz 5371.5 kHz FL
5400 kHz 5398.5 kHz FE
5405 kHz 5403.5 kHz FM

These frequencies are not part of the standard UK bandplan and may not be used by UK amateurs unless a. NoV has been issued. As I have one of these any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Tony

Tony
M0ZZA
Post #3889
Posted Sunday, February 6, 2011 3:29 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

...further to this, I was getting the message:

"The frequency 5.2585MHz in combination with your TX filter settings [200,3100] are not within the Band specifications for your region (UK)."

In fact a modification to the TX setup is required. The TX high filter setting of 3100 would permit the ssb transmission outside the permitted channel and therefore results in TX being blocked. Update the High setting to 3000 from 3100 (setup menu, then choose Transmit tab) and TX will be successful.

Good luck!

Tony
M0ZZA
Post #3893
Posted Friday, February 11, 2011 1:32 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, September 12, 2011 11:15 AM
Hi Tony,

Is there a firmware update to give me the UK bandplans on my UK 1500 rather than the US ones ??

Do I need a "turf" file ? Not heard mention of this anywhere...

Thanks

73 Chris G6XDI

Flex 1500 GQRP 13309

Post #3913
Posted Monday, February 14, 2011 12:44 PM
Forum Newbie

You need to speak to either Martin Lynch and Sons or Waters and Stanton, they will probably want to see a copy of your NoV. They'll send you a firmware update and a program which you can use to load the firmware onto your 1500. It's very easy. Then you need to modify the bandwidth settings.

After that you may want to edit the XML file that stores the band descriptions etc. I can send you a copy of mine if you want. Send me a PM. The 60m button on the display still seems to cycle around the US frequencies and I believe that this is hard coded in the PowerSDR software (unless somebody tells me otherwise). I've saved the UK channels into memory.

Tony
M0ZZA

Tony
M0ZZA
Post #3925
Posted Saturday, January 21, 2012 3:08 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 1:12 PM
M0ZZA (2/14/2011)
You need to speak to either Martin Lynch and Sons or Waters and Stanton, they will probably want to see a copy of your NoV. They'll send you a firmware update and a program which you can use to load the firmware onto your 1500. It's very easy. Then you need to modify the bandwidth settings.

Does anybody know what the score is for us SDR1000 users ? Obviously there's no firmware to contend with, so all limits are within the Powersdr console, I'm not so sure the UK vendors mentioned will be able to help ?

I have modified Powersdr version 1.16.1 to the UK allocation as the source is freely available however we don't have that luxury with the 'newer' versions.

I'm particulary keen in making use of the latest version of Powersdr with its ability to stack TNF's etc.

Peter.....

Post #5354
Posted Monday, January 23, 2012 3:50 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, January 23, 2012 3:45 AM
Great post, although I would also note that adding word restriction to your comments might backfire. I understand wanting to cut down on spam, but it also adds another barrier for the commenter, and I think it's more beneficial to make commenting as easy as possible.

Locksmith Dartmouth
Locksmith Everett
Locksmith Framingham
Locksmith Franklin
Post #5359
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 7:59pm