Flex 3000 indeed
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Flex 3000 indeed Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, February 2, 2011 10:10 AM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, January 27, 2013 2:39 PM
I have read many things in these forums about problems getting there Flex radio up and running. It seems most problems are caused by the user. I am releaved that I had little trouble installing my radio. Everything went smoothly as it should and it fired up and is still working very well. Can not beleave how great the receiver is wow. I have not made many contacts since I am trying on 40 and 80m bands, and they have been awfull for days now. I am waiting till Friday when I can use the 20m band on my tryband ant, that will work great.

I still need to talk to someone to help me set up my mike. If you care to chat about radios and we can connect just contact me.

b_buchanan@sympatico.ca

Post #3879
Posted Friday, February 4, 2011 11:28 AM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Friday, May 24, 2013 6:00 PM
VA3WTB (2/2/2011)
I am trying on 40 and 80m bands, and they have been awfull for days now.

Uhh, I can't comment on 80 but I regularly work VK6BN and a bunch of Europeans on 40m digi in the evenings - maybe your antenna got blown away with the latest snowstorm? lol

73, ve3ega

Post #3887
Posted Tuesday, February 22, 2011 10:39 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 4:32 AM
Band conditions are good or bad at times for the most part the bands have been terrible. There are no antennas or radios or amplifiers that can overcome bad conditions. But the solar cycle is on the rise and the propagation will be much better and then the true test of the Flex radios and all the other high end radios will be put to the test.
So I think you are doing your best and that all true judgement of the flex should be put on hold. Thats what I am doing. I did refer to the Flex radios as high end radios and they are . I say this based on the specs and the utilization of new(old) technology involved in this radios construction and modus of operation ,ie personal computer.
Oh and antennas are the most important part of any radio station , but please be mindful that a simple dipole at 30 feet is and always has been the most common antenna configuration in ham radio. Take care and FLEX ON!!!
Post #3963
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 4:23pm