10 MHz OCXO Connection Information Needed
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

10 MHz OCXO Connection Information Needed Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, April 2, 2011 12:02 AM
Hello and good day.

I recently bought a Flex 1000 and have enjoyed this new to me system. A very different world than my conventional radios.

I wish to interface a high stability 10 MHz external OCXO to this radio for greater frequency stability. I want to connect this to my 1296 MHz transverter.

I have spent considerable time searching for information related to this modification, but have found nothing specific.

Can anyone please steer me to a source of information to help me complete this task?

I do not know what level of signal is intended to be injected instead of the internal 200 MHz clock, and if a sine or square or either input signal at 10 MHz will work?

Also the internal clock needs to be removed, but I can find no specific information on this.

Thank you.

Brian

Post #3817
Posted Sunday, January 23, 2011 9:53 PM

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Friday, August 30, 2019 8:35 AM
The external clock kit is no longer available for the SDR-1000, but here is the info on installing it. It is an article in the Knowledge Base.
http://kc.flexradio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50229.aspx

Incidentally, if you are looking for a transverter IF, the FLEX-1500 is what you should have probably invested in. It was designed to be an IF. The SDR-1000 is out of production and the most stable software to use with it is the older 1.18.6 version of PowerSDR.

-----
Tim - W4TME
Post #3820
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 3:30pm