DIGIU Mode & AGC-T, RX Gain
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

DIGIU Mode & AGC-T, RX Gain Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, April 23, 2011 1:37 PM
Ralph,

The noise Issue

I woke up this morning not feeling quite as excitable as I was last night.  Yesterday, I had both the VAC issue and this noise/interference sound coming from the radio and I wasn't too happy about it.  The noise sound would go away when I quickly stopped/started the software but would return in a matter of a couple minutes.  Later, I uninstalled everything including the firmware, vac and PSDR, rebooted and reloaded it all back up.  (NOTE: This problem is not related to VAC) By 9:00pm last night I think the noise issue has been eliminated but I haven't had much time on the radio today to test further.

VAC

I finally figured out the instructions on how to download VAC 4.09.  It is necessary to include the "VAC" before the "409full_signed" so it should look like "vac409full_signed.zip" in the private URL.  OK I have that out of the way.

I loaded VAC 4.09 and, without checking your setups, started PSDR 1.18.6 and DM780.  It is now working as it should.  EXCELLENT!!!  I will look over your setups and compare and adjust as necessary.

So, the issue is VAC v4.10 was not stable on my installation. v4.09 should be used.

I appreciat the help from both you and Tom.  I hope now I can move on and play.  Thank you both!! 

KJ4QDZ-Tom

Post #3674
Posted Sunday, June 19, 2011 6:15 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, July 28, 2013 8:08 PM
Whatever the bug(s) may be in 4.10, no problems have appeared (there I go... jinxing myself) in my Win-7 system using 4.10 (downloaded and installed within the past month). the only thing I have noticed was some noise that was corrected by switching the "Start" off and then back on - this has happened twice within the past month.

Has the author fixed the problem(s) in the latest releases of 4.10, or am I just lucky so far?

Post #4488
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 2 (2 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 7:13am