SRD1000 set for USA bands
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

SRD1000 set for USA bands Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, September 4, 2007 6:48 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, September 22, 2007 4:10 AM
Having just purchased a SDR1000 and then read items concerning the fact that a new off the shelf unit is set for USA it seems I can reset to UK bands but I do not know how to go about doing this.

Can anyone help or do I need data direct from Flex-Radio in order to carry out this modification and if so who do I contact?

Post #364
Posted Friday, September 7, 2007 11:32 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Apart from those who contribute through their experiences of using SDR I thought the forum was also looked at by Flex-Radio administrators who would step in and help where possible.

Clearly as no one has contributed any advice I am left with a few conclusions of my own. Either no one else care about setting the SRD up for UK bands, or the site administrator does not have a clue what to do.

I am now wondering if purchasing this produce was a good thing and instead I should have gone for the more conventional rig because there does not appear to be much backup and the manual is written by those who know what they are on about for those who know what they are on about?

Post #365
Posted Friday, September 7, 2007 5:53 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Sunday, January 25, 2009 7:08 AM
I never did pursue the UK band spread for the SDR, the bands that are enabled on it by default cover everywhere that I want to transmit. And the .cs file where the sourcecode is contained, seemed like a pain to keep updating/transferring files as new software is released.
Post #366
Posted Monday, September 10, 2007 6:10 AM
Forum Newbie

It seems very much that Flex-radio are a "thanks for the money" organization but now your own your own?
Post #367
Posted Tuesday, September 11, 2007 12:30 PM
Forum Newbie

It would seem that Flex-radio have not learned the lesson of good customer care and what it means concering how many potential buyers you loose when you tick off just one who has purchased your product and can not get any support.

A well I wonder what I will get back from Waters&Stanton for a 2 month old SDR 1000? I may have to pay more for a good rig but at least I know that I will get better support from them.

Post #368
Posted Tuesday, September 11, 2007 12:46 PM
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: Sunday, November 1, 2009 2:17 AM
Hi Pronto

Both Mark MOMRR and I looked into this UK band business and I did have it all set up on my PC until it went toes up. I did try to sort out the problem with Flex-radio and reset the program but as with Mark have now come to the conclusion that it is more trouble than it is worth getting the down loads organized every time there is a system update. What you seek will make very little difference to the 1000 so I would not bother.

You are right about the manual being written for those who know what they are talking about. If you use the knowledge base and still have a problem give Waters and Stanton a bell and ask to speak to Peter, you will get more help from him than messing about on the forum. He is not in the shop on a Monday which I believe is because he is there on a Saturday, so you may get him on that day if you are stuck.

Post #369
Posted Saturday, September 15, 2007 6:28 AM
Forum Newbie

Good bye SDR1000

Hello IC-7800 Icom HF + 6m Transceiver 200W

Its cost me a few bob more but at least I am assured of support.

SDR may be the thing of the furture but support is a thing of today??

Post #371
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2007 4:11 AM
Forum Newbie

Just thought I would have one last look before dumping Flex-Radio out of my favourites file because I was curious to see if anyone from admin had responded to my post.

As the old saying goes “Silence is golden” which speaks volumes for those considering the purchase of a SDR.
Post #375
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 1:09am