Microphone
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12»»

Microphone Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, May 30, 2011 8:00 PM
I have read many posts about different microphones being used, however I have not seen which standard mic is plug and play. I am looking for a standard hand mic to use with the 1500 and would like to find something that will plug and play without modification. I have several microphones for my other radios but nothing I really want to change.

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Chris
ARS NJ5N
Post #3586
Posted Sunday, December 19, 2010 9:29 PM

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, May 22, 2014 11:03 AM
The Yaesu MH-36, I believe.

-----
Tim - W4TME
Post #3588
Posted Monday, December 20, 2010 8:37 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Monday, September 19, 2011 8:18 PM
I order the Heil hand mike when I order my Flex-1500.  It cost me I think around $100 and something with the adapter cable.  At first I was thinking this was a little high, until I started getting great audio reports back on the air.  The mike it self was around $79 I think.  With the adapter cable, there is not soldering, and use the cable with other with other 4 pin xlr mikes.   

I don't see the mike on the flex site anymore, but I would recommed getting one.

It is a great mike.  I pick up a 15 dollar desk stand from Radio Shack for it also.  I am sure someone has the part numbers on the board here for you to research.

David KJ4YQK
www.saludalabs.com

Post #3590
Posted Tuesday, December 21, 2010 7:25 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 7:32 PM
I recently bought a Yaesu MH-31A8J dynamic hand mic for my Flex 1500. It is plug and play compatible, and it works very well. The price was under $50 including shipping.

Stu, KO8U

Stu, KO8U

Post #3599
Posted Wednesday, December 22, 2010 9:04 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Thanks for the replies all sound good, just ordered the Foster cable from Flex that is wired for Yaesu. I have a Shure 444D that I have had sitting around for many years and will try it.

I also have a new computer coming and will see if I can finally send cw with the 1500. The only qsos I have had up to this point have been on PSK which worked well and a couple of poor cw contacts due to the poor TX.

I also use the 1500 as a panadapter working with my Ten Tec Omni VII and it works well using DXLab software to connect everything.

Thanks again for the responses,

Chris

NJ5N

Post #3608
Posted Wednesday, December 22, 2010 9:49 PM

I also have a new computer coming and will see if I can finally send cw with the 1500. The only qsos I have had up to this point have been on PSK which worked well and a couple of poor cw contacts due to the poor TX.

A fast PC always helps with CW, but with the current version of PowerSDR (2.0.16) you are still going to have to tweak things a bit to get it right. If you aren't using 2.0.16, I do recommend the upgrade.

In that regard, the developers at FlexRadio have completely gutted the CW code and have started over, per se in how CW is done in PowerSDR; from how key closure is handled in the firmware, to the RX/TX/RX transition (state control) to how the keyer works, to how the DSP generates the tone that is transmitted. A complete overhaul. The changes will be applicable to all of the FLEX-xx00 SDRs. The first alpha release will be 2.0.17 which may or may not be released to the public. They are very dedicated in making the 1500 a top notch CW radio.

-----
Tim - W4TME
Post #3609
Posted Wednesday, December 22, 2010 9:53 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, April 28, 2013 6:48 PM
i am considering ordering a flex radio. but does it not come with a hand microphone? if not i wonder why flex does not supply one. i am impressed with the demo mode tho.
Post #3610
Posted Wednesday, December 22, 2010 10:01 PM

The reason is fairly simple. A market survey told them that most buyers didn't want the price of the radio increased by $30-40 for a hand mic that most people don't use anyway. They would rather it be an add-on option so they can choose to spend that money on a mic they really want. Since the mic pin-outs are Yaesu, getting one of there mics or a Heil with the Yaesu connector cable makes them practically plug and play.

-----
Tim - W4TME
Post #3611
Posted Thursday, December 23, 2010 2:12 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, December 23, 2010 4:07 AM
Hello,
I tried to adapt (with an add on cable) a mic which works fine with ft757 but it does not work here. I do not get more than 1-2% of rated power. any idea?
any hidden sw switch?
paolo
Post #3613
Posted Thursday, December 23, 2010 8:55 PM

Tim thanks for the information I have tried to do some tweaking with the current machine with no luck. Is there a step by step list of instructions for tweaking? I understand the PC part about trying to not have anything using the processor if not needed. However I am not sure which buffers to change and to what settings, I have changed most but with little to no noticeable results.

Thanks for any input,

Chris

NJ5N

Post #3617
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 3:14pm