flex 1500 transmit out of the band ?????
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

flex 1500 transmit out of the band ????? Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, December 11, 2010 12:36 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, September 5, 2011 3:37 PM
i have a flex 1500  can i get transmit out of the ham bands ???????

possible 11 meter band 26-28 mhz?????

Post #3537
Posted Saturday, December 11, 2010 2:52 PM

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, June 4, 2018 12:02 PM
No, you can not, as it is firmware locked. The FLEX-1500 is type accepted for amateur radio use only.

-----
Tim - W4TME
Post #3538
Posted Sunday, December 12, 2010 1:37 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 9:26 AM

Im plan to Purchase Flex-1500 but when Im read this posting Im not buy that because Flex-1500 can not transit outside ham band. I need work in 11.000 to 12.000 Hz. Anyone know how can make Flex-1500 can be transit in outside ham band ?
Post #3545
Posted Monday, December 13, 2010 5:26 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Friday, May 24, 2013 6:00 PM

Like buying a car - different products for different drivers!

If your interests are CB and you do not have a ham license - better to sell your SDR and buy a good CB Radio!

Post #3553
Posted Tuesday, December 14, 2010 1:27 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, September 5, 2011 3:37 PM
Thank you for you negative message
Post #3554
Posted Saturday, December 18, 2010 12:59 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, May 6, 2013 8:20 AM
hi, from what i read on a diffrent site, the flex is locked via the frimwere but if you are part of a mars group(but you have to prove this) you can be sent a patch from flex radio that will unlock the radio for full tx on the hf band, no doubt someone will work out how to unlock the hf bands soon, all i can say is keep an eye on the web, as this has all ready been done, well thats what it said on the other site, still i hope you both find what it is you are after soon, cheers and all the best with your hunt, tigger
Post #3578
Posted Saturday, December 18, 2010 2:35 PM

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, June 4, 2018 12:02 PM
no doubt someone will work out how to unlock the hf bands soon

I seriously doubt it.

The FCC and the DoD are really serious about preventing SDRs OOB (out of band) transmit capabilities for several reasons and FlexRadio isn't going to do something that will result in the government shutting down their business.

Unlocking any of the firmware based radios is a bit more complex that getting a "software" patch or flipping a bit. I believe that you may be referring to the SDR-1000 which is not a firmware based SDR.

It would be a very difficult thing to accomplish for someone who does not have knowledge of the internal workings of the radio.

If you try to "hack" the key that is used to unlock the firmware, you stand a better than excellent chance of "bricking" the radio making it totally inoperative and would require FlexRadio to unscramble it's brains. But in doing so, they would know you were trying to hack the firmware, which isn't a good thing. I believe the risk taken greatly out weighs any reward achieved.

-----
Tim - W4TME
Post #3579
Posted Sunday, December 19, 2010 5:21 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, May 6, 2013 8:20 AM
hi tim, i dont doubt anything you have said, im only passing on what i have all ready seen on other sites, now wether this has been done or its just a few people saying its been done is two different things, but the post was about the 1500 and not the 1000, as for someone working out the the software/hardware codes, well all i can say i have seen with my own eyes a radio that rx/tx on the tetra police bands here in the uk, again that was made to be fool proof, i think the way i look at it, if theres a code to break someone will try and work it out and pass it on the net, dont get me wrong, i dont know one end of a pc from the other, but i should think the pc would be the best tool in the box to at least try to and find a software/hardware key/code, only time will tell, as for using the flex out of band im not a big fan of using any radio out of band, ie 11mtr etc, but im no ones keepers and if that what some people want, then let them have it, but this is my own thoughts and we are all driffrent, cheers tigger  
Post #3583
Posted Sunday, April 28, 2013 6:54 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, April 28, 2013 6:48 PM
i know this an old thread. but i am surprised that other brands of hf radios are so easy to modify to transmit on all frequencies. i am glad that flex has the fortitude to follow the rules and not allow their radios to transmit out of band. i have an icom radio that transmits fine on the cb frequencies. if i wanted to i could create havoc on the state highway patrol frequencies too.
Post #6546
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 12:41pm