Has anybody received their VU5K upgrade yet??
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Has anybody received their VU5K upgrade... Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:46 AM
Hi  Im looking for feedback from VU5K users , impressions ect. I ordered a complete 5000  unit with the module installed , just wondering if there are others out there who have received  theirs??

Tks

stu/ve2xx

Post #3510
Posted Tuesday, December 14, 2010 8:39 AM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

I gues i will reply to my own post,

I received the 5K w/ Vu5K last friday , i had orderd the radio dec 22 2009 , so it did take a while.

First impressions are quite good,

the 2m receiver works very well i have yet to try 432 ,  so far im impressed , on transmit the audio is very good with an HC 4 mike.

the beauty is to be able to dig into the noise , i have been listening /looking for beacons which at their best are weak and with the filtering and infinite adjustments manage to get a copiable signal.

there is one item of concern, there is no sampling of the RF out on the VU5K, therefore no matter what level you put the drive control at ,power out is alway zero. I spoke to support abt this , perhaps they will add a tweak which may allow monitoring if the "driver" level but at the RF out level there is no bridge or sensor on the PA.

If anybody has any ideas on the BCD output per band  that would be real sweet to use that port to its fullest capabilities.

Stu

ve2xx

Post #3555
Posted Sunday, December 26, 2010 6:02 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, April 14, 2012 12:55 PM
Did anyone compare this solution to a dedicated vhf/uhf transceiver yet (comparative testing)?
There seems to be only very limited information about this on the Flexradio web site or may be I am missing something?

I understand the vhf/uhf upgrade module is new but right now I feel left in the dark with regard to what I can expect from this.
Post #3626
Posted Friday, December 16, 2011 11:32 AM

Recently have been using it on 432 EME, i have not compared to DEMI but thats the next thing im going to do,

Im trying to get NF measurements from somene wo may have measured the internal transverters  , if i cant get them i'll do my own, it looks as if many are using the radio but to what extent the use goes to tropo or eme remains to be seen.

I like the flex's  features, seem to do well on weak signal CW and Digital modes off the moon, of course as long as your running a GOOD  preamp things will improve  a great deal.

No complaints , i will do comparisons soo with DEMI and also an Ft 736 on 432 , ill keep you posted

Stu ve2xx

Post #5219
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 6:00am