moto bike popping and clicking and also ac hum
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

moto bike popping and clicking and also ac... Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, July 15, 2007 5:24 PM
Incase anyone runs into this problem I am going to mention it here again. There is another post in the archives that alludes to the same problem. Actually two problems resolved. One was a wood pecker or motor cycle exhaust popping sound during TX in AM. I noticed that when I toggled in and out of the SDR screen the sound went away. So it flag me for a video issue. I went back in the archives and found another user with a similar problem. I removed the video driver that came with the the mother board and reboot the PC. I allowed windows to reinstall its generic driver for video and presto problem solved. I do have a question mark error in my system hardware configuration under video card because it looking for the driver that matches either my on board video or monitor.

Another problem was A/C hum. Found that problem to be a A/C power strip. Whats funny is nothing was plugged into the strip and it still caused hum in the SDR RX. When I unplugged the strip from the wall AC hum went away.

Sorry if this post may be redundant, but I feel after all i went through that the more we record these problems and fixes the less hair lost for the next guy.

Frank

Post #324
Posted Thursday, July 19, 2007 6:17 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, July 19, 2007 6:07 PM
Frank (7/15/2007)
Incase anyone runs into this problem I am going to mention it here again. There is another post in the archives that alludes to the same problem. Actually two problems resolved. One was a wood pecker or motor cycleexhaust popping sound during TX in AM. I noticed that when I toggled in and out of the SDR screen the sound went away. So it flag me for a video issue. I went back in the archives and found another user with a similar problem. I removed the video driver that came with the the mother board and reboot the PC. I allowed windows to reinstall its generic driver for video and presto problem solved. I do have a question mark error in my system hardware configuration under video card because it looking for the driver that matches either my on board video or monitor.

Frank,
try reinstalling the latest driver for the video card, then go into the video properties and turn video acceleration down (under advanced, troubleshooting)
what may be happening is if you have a pci soundcard like the delta 44 AND a pci video card you may be saturating the bandwidth on the pci bus.
In the situation of the Flex you would want your soundcard to have whatever it needs, and less for the video.
this can also sometime be solved by upgrading to a decent AGP or PCI Express video card.
Hope this helps.
Blaine
Post #328
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 11:43pm