Flex 1500 digital ragchew ...
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Flex 1500 digital ragchew ... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, September 7, 2010 3:44 PM
Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, June 9, 2013 10:21 PM
I set a personal record today for longest QRP QSO. I had a fantastic fun and interesting QSO with KT1B in Haverhill, MA. We "talked" on Contestia 250/8 digital mode for 2 hours and 35 minutes on 30mtrs. My longest ever QRP QSO! We had 99% near perfect copy for the whole time with only a few missed characters. I was running the Flex 1500 at 4 watts out and the case was ever so lightly warm to the touch. We could have talked all day and not over taxed the rig. Scott was running 50w and we both were running dipoles. My dipole is only 15ft high in the middle at the feedline and about 20ft or so high on the ends. Scotts was at 30ft height.

That was my 91st QSO with the Flex 1500 since I got it on July 14th of this year. Most were on digi modes (mostly olivia and contestia) and a few were on SSB and CW.

I am not a big QRP operator - I am, ever so slowly, building a 35w amp for my 1500, but it has been a real eye opener for me how well 4-5 watts can do - especially on good digital modes.

After running a Yaesu FT-100D since 2003 running this Flex 1500 is like being in "heaven".

---Gary WB8ROL

--Gary WB8ROL
Post #3194
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 1:33am