5KA firewire Driver ver 2.08
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

5KA firewire Driver ver 2.08 Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, April 8, 2011 7:41 PM
Just got my 5K Back from Flex repair for a blown PA and other issues. I uninstaled all  instances of SDR & the firewire driver including the installation directories. After reinstalling SDR2.08, reboot and power up the 5K the Windows7X64 system detects the device however can not find the driver. I looked for the firewire driver however I only see drivers for the 1500 & other modles but not the 5000A. Any help would be nice. Thanks, K1GTX...
Post #3105
Posted Friday, August 20, 2010 7:57 AM

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Friday, August 30, 2019 8:35 AM
Look in the release notes for a recovery procedure with the driver. If that doesn't work, there is one more step you can do to get it working.

-----
Tim - W4TME
Post #3106
Posted Friday, August 20, 2010 1:10 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Ok, I ended up installing an older version of the 5K firewire driver and now it is properly detected. I also had an issue with SDR 2.08. That issue was the 5k firmware. Apparently Flex had not updated the firmware because it came back with an older version that what it was sent there with...
Post #3108
Posted Friday, August 20, 2010 2:44 PM

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Friday, August 30, 2019 8:35 AM
You are still going to have problems using the older 7171 driver with PowerSDR 2.x since you have are using the wrong version of PAL.DLL for the driver you have loaded. You are still going to need get the driver issue resolved, but since you have reverted back, you can't actually fix it at this point.

And, When you have your radio repaired, it is sent back with the current production release of PowerSDR and the firmware loaded, which is 1.18.6. PowerSDR 2.x is still technically a beta.

-----
Tim - W4TME
Post #3109
Posted Friday, August 20, 2010 6:21 PM

I must be missing something here. I uninstalled as described and now it no longer installs the driver. Here are the steps I took.

a.) Shut down PowerSDR and power off your software defined radio

b.) If the FLEX Firewire control panel is open, close it.

c.) Run the PowerSDR v2.0.8 Integrated Installer and select the REMOVE option

d.) Using the Windows Control Panel, select the Remove Program applet

e.) Look for any instances of the FLEX Firewire driver. They will be listed as FlexRadio 3.5.2.8028 or FlexRadio 3.5.0.7171. Remove all instances of the FlexRadio Firewire driver

f.) Reboot your PC

g.) Run the PowerSDR v2.0.x Integrated Installer Suite setup program

h.) After the PowerSDR v2.0.x Integrated Installer has completed, reboot your PC as requested.

i.) After the PC has completely booted up, power on the FLEX-x000 and allow the Firewire driver to complete its installation. For Vista and Win7 operating systems this is performed silently without any user intervention.

Here is where the issue starts. In the device manager the following message is displayed:

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

Thanks, K1GTX...

Post #3110
Posted Monday, August 23, 2010 5:45 PM

I am pleased to report that thanks to the help from Tim and other flexers everything works! My guess is the MSI on my pc crashed not writing the files where they should have but thats just a guess. Anyhow, No more listening to static crashes & splatter anymore! Thanks to flex for great support & cutting edge technology...
Post #3121
Posted Saturday, July 2, 2011 5:24 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, July 4, 2011 11:24 AM
So what did you do to get the driver loaded, I have the same problem?

Mike

Post #4580
Posted Sunday, July 3, 2011 2:57 AM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 12:47 AM
Dear K1GTX,

The FireWire driver is located in the c:\Program Files\FlexRadio   folder.   If you are finding the Flex 5000 in the "Other Devices"  of Windows Device manager,  just right click and update driver to that location.    Most likely the radio was fully tested under PSDR 2.0.22.   I would load that version too. 

Dudley

FlexRadio Systems Support
512-535-4713, Option 2
http://helpdesk.flexradio.com

Post #4582
Posted Sunday, July 3, 2011 10:56 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, July 3, 2011 7:54 PM
Shut off the 5000 last night (close the program) shut the power off. turned the radio on and the computer cannot find the radio. It is in the list but is not highlighted like the demo is and it used to be. Unplugged replugged disconnected the power rebooted computer checked device manager all looks good 5000 lights up but just will not show up in the list. Cannot find my other Firewire cable to try on old computer. Any thoughts until I can find my other cable?
Tom

Do not respond found other cable tried my two laptops "no radio found" looks like it will be making a trip to Texas.

Pick the hottest day in summer in Chicago and that is what summer is like in New Orleans

Pick the warmest day in February (in Chicago) and that is winter in New Orleans
Post #4584
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 7:51am