Flex 5000 and HRD software
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Flex 5000 and HRD software Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Login: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:36 PM
I have seen a lot of Postings about using the HRD Logging software with the Flex Radios. However, have not seen any specific steps on how to do this interface.

Has anyone interfaced the HRD logging software to the Flex-5000A and have the steps on how to make this work?

I have been using HRD Logging software for over Six years and satisfied with its capability and features. I use HRD with a Quad Core CPU, Microsoft System 7,and the Navigator External Interface.

Also, I use this setup and a A/B/C switching network to switch HRD control between several Kenwood rigs.

However, I am now upgrading from Kenwood equipment to the Flex Radio equipment.

The 5000A will be the Primary radio. Although, I have MixW and occasionally use it, I would like to operate the HRD logging software with the 5000A Radio.

I have read a number of Post on this Forum that discusses issues with using HRD software and VAC. Need help in making it work. [Tongue]

Bill Spencer
W4EY
Post #2429
Posted Sunday, March 28, 2010 12:39 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Login: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:36 PM
I have successfully configured the HRD Version 4 and 5 with the FLEX 5000A. With the assistance received from Dudley, I have been using the DM70 on both Digital and RTTY with good quality reports received. Also, have been using the Ampkeyer with my amp and experiencing no problems by running the AMP without ALC.

FLEX RADIO thanks for all your assistance.

Bill

W4EY

Post #2472
Posted Tuesday, May 11, 2010 3:20 PM
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, January 8, 2013 5:54 PM
If you have difficulty with HRD overloading PowerSDR by asking for way too much information and doing it way too often,

Then a solution is the free s/w in the files section of Yahoo group N3ZH_Software

The software has many useful features, but many flex owners are using it primarily to integrate PowerSDR to HRD's Logbook and DM780.

You should:
1. Download and install the latest Java runtime from www.java.com
2. Configure PowerSDR Setup CAT Control to enable the AI command.

Howard
Post #2643
Posted Thursday, May 13, 2010 4:04 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, May 27, 2010 3:23 PM
I agree with Howard.
Never did see the point of HRD when you have PwrSDR.
I use ATAuto by N3ZH and it runs flawlessly for me.
Small and just does what I need.....access to HRDLog and DM780....a perfect mix.
Post #2649
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 8:05pm