HRD + DM780 and Flex 3K
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

HRD + DM780 and Flex 3K Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, March 17, 2014 6:27 AM
I am presently using HRD and DM780 ver 4  ( plus VAC software) and the F3K and would like to upgrade to ver 5.

Will I loose my setting including VAC or will ver 5 upgrade by overwritting ver4 seamlessly?

I know I need to backup the logbook for later update.

73s

Chris de 9H1BW

Post #2296
Posted Saturday, March 6, 2010 2:49 AM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Hi

I have tried to upgrade to the latest version of the flex radio firewire. whenever i install it (after also intsalling Power SDR 1.18.5) flex radio states that no devices are found. when i reboot the pc (and have flex radio switched on) on start up windows states that a new device has been found and want to re-install the drivers. when i use the cd which i have i obviously go back to the old drivers and then the latest version of flex radio states device mismatch.

Can anyone please clarify what am I doing wrong - as i dont seem to find any new driver updates on the website.

thanks

73s

Chris

Post #2309
Posted Saturday, March 6, 2010 6:26 AM

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Friday, August 30, 2019 8:35 AM
You didn't indicate what operating systems you are using. You must have full administrator rights to install the driver. It sounds like the driver did not get installed properly.

Make sure that you follow these instructions to the letter when upgrading the Firewire driver.
How to Install or Upgrade the FLEX Firewire Driver

Also get the latest driver from the web site even if you have a CD.
FLEX Firewire driver v3.5.0.7171

-----
Tim - W4TME
Post #2312
Posted Tuesday, March 9, 2010 4:50 AM

Thank you for the information. I will follow your instructions.

Regards

Chris

Post #2319
Posted Saturday, March 27, 2010 4:36 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, April 7, 2010 4:18 PM
I am trying to use the DEMO for the Flex and get the same error message. When I check it tells me that it cannot find the "Porttalk.sys" file. I have downloaded the "PowerSDR_v1.18.0" ZIP file three times and reinstalled/repaired the active file but it never spits out the Porttalk.sys I need. I don' t know if that is your trouble but it seems to be mine. I have the "PortTalk.dll" file .
Frank
Post #2469
Posted Saturday, March 27, 2010 5:39 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, April 7, 2010 4:18 PM
I did a search for the "PortTalk.sys" file and found it in Windows/system32. I copied it into the file where I have the Flex files and restarted the DEMO. It worked flawlessly after that. I was able to download and listen to the demo files that are on the Flex site. I would suggest looking for the "PortTalk.sys" file. It MAY be that your not finding it. I am not even sure you need it unless you are in the DEMO mode. Good luck.

Frank
Post #2471
Posted Sunday, April 4, 2010 9:36 AM

Last Login: Saturday, July 24, 2010 11:22 AM
Hello,

This strays a bit from the previous posts, but is on topic:

Thank you to Flex forums for the following advice. I used com0com with HRD 5.0 and Fldigi and PowerSDR 1.18.5. I had success with Multipsk, Digipan, and Winmor RMS Express. I had little repeatable success with HRD: it would loose connection with the Flex within a few minutes, even though DM780 would remain functional. Fldigi would occasionally freeze upon changing modes and enabling transmit.

I installed VSPManager with the same 7-17 CAT and 8-18 PTT ports and have had NO problems with either Fldigi or HRD over the past day. Winmor RMS Express also works fine.

Thank you, and Happy Easter.

Eddie, AJ4OC

Post #2511
Posted Monday, May 24, 2010 1:39 PM
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: Tuesday, January 8, 2013 5:54 PM
The software in N3ZH_Software yahoo group can - among other things - provide the glue between PowerSDR and HRD's logbook and DM780 without causing POWERSDR to crash.

Howard
Post #2715
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 4:50am