Ham Radio Deluxe and MixW
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Ham Radio Deluxe and MixW Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, January 21, 2010 8:46 AM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, May 26, 2013 7:02 PM
I had my 5000A working with MixW perfectly and should have remained using it but with so much publicity about Ham Radio Deluxe, I decided to download it and try it out.  It took a while to redo the VAC settings along with Com0Com but did get HRD to work somewhat.  Everytime I rebooted to get on the air however, using PSK31 or statellite mode, the VAC settings had to be redone.  I then decided to return to MixW since I never had a problem with it but, I am now so frustrated since the audio will not reach the MixW, no matter how we try to configure the VAC.  Com0Com is working since MixW can trasmit but there is no waterfall display.  Have spent many hours in the last few days and getting ready to take my cup of coffee in this morning and try again.  Luckily I can still work CW and SSB but PSK31 is my favorite at this time. 

Aha, just returned from my shack since I found the problem.  In the SDR VAC setup, I had 96000 instead of 48000 and soon as I changed it, MixW began to display the signals.  Sometimes it helps to vent your frustrations and then return to try something else.  Worked a station in Switzerland first thing.

We suffer from kleptomania and sometimes have to take something for it.

Post #2191
Posted Friday, January 22, 2010 3:34 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:13 AM
One of the problems with Windows and many ham programs is that whenever Windows is restarted the enumeration of the Sound Cards ( including VAC) is redone. PowerSDR is good at tracking the enumeration changes correctly. MixW and some other HAM programs are not so good. I have gotten into the practice of checking the sound card seting each time I start one of the extra (mixW, EasyPal, etc.) programs to see if the VAC ports are still mapped correctly. When you get it working the first time, record it someplace ( desktop file ) then check each time you start ( or have a problem).

(i.e. Selected VAC endpoints in EasyPal are different after a reboot if the Flex 5000 was on during reboot rather than off )

AL, K0VM
SDR-1000, Flex5000, Flex user since 2006
Post #2194
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 3:10pm