FLEX-3000 MIC Input Issue
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

FLEX-3000 MIC Input Issue Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 3:39 AM
I've been using my Flex-3000 (PoweSDR 1.18.3, FLEX Firewire driver 3.5.0.7171, FLEX-3000 Firmware 1.2.5.6) using VAC and digital modes with no issues. I recently purchased the FLEX-3000 Headset Microphone cable (AD-1-YM) for phone use, but have noticed a somewhat odd behavior with the radio. When I disable the VAC and transmit the radio behaves identically whether or not the mic is plugged in (Heil Quiet Phones), transmitting noise and no trace of the mic audio or even noise. Attached are some screen captures from various stages and places during the testing of it (no mic was plugged in). Both the mic and FlexWire in inputs cause the noise when active (selected in mixer). Any ideas how to get the mic input (the actual headset works as expected on an ICOM rig) working? Hope you guys can help me out. I can provide more details if needed.

-Paul

Post #2137
Posted Monday, January 4, 2010 6:38 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:13 AM
I'm going to guess a bad cable ?? or hardware problem..
E-mail direct to support@flex-radio.com and referance you posting here...

AL, K0VM
SDR-1000, Flex5000, Flex user since 2006
Post #2140
Posted Sunday, April 22, 2012 2:52 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, November 2, 2013 7:51 PM
It's interesting how many times I come across the same issues as others long ago, only to find that they are never replied to. 

To others that may have this issue when searching the forum...

As per the Flex knowlegebase.. the Heil iC elements need 5vdc that is not wired into the YM adapter listed above.  There is a double adapter to adapter option to make it work as described in the flex KB.

N3WSO

Post #5588
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 6:21am