I'd like to see a new line of SDR Radios
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

I'd like to see a new line of SDR Radios Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Friday, November 13, 2009 10:04 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, November 13, 2009 2:11 PM
Many years ago when the SD Radios started I thought: now I can use my knowledge of DSP and programming, to try and experiment with my own algorithms for various tasks on such a Radio. Although maybe Flex Radio will provide an open source code but not the procedure ( probably for reasons ) to allow complete reprogramming of the SDR firmware and software. Why wouldn't be possible to start a new line of SD radios which would be meant for amateurs wanting to create there own software and algorithms and actually try such a "home written radio", Home brew SDR's.
73, Steve
Post #2026
Posted Friday, January 22, 2010 11:51 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, January 24, 2010 8:22 PM
Yeah, I'm a little late to the party...

There already exists such a radio however, and it is quite inexpensive as well. Check out the "Soft Rock 40" group on Yahoo. The newest versions are pretty sophisticated in function, although the hardware itself is mostly deceptively simple. But it does give you the complete freedom including the ability to write your own firmware that you are after.
Post #2193
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 1:23am