Flex SDR-1000 and Ameritron AL-811H
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Flex SDR-1000 and Ameritron AL-811H Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, November 11, 2009 11:02 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, November 12, 2009 1:34 PM
Hello To All,

Well after being away from the forum for some time ....Im so glad to be back and back with my Flex SDR-1000.  I recently purchased with it an Ameritron AL-811H amplifier which im not to familiar with.  And im finding it to be somewhat more dificult to tune with the flex.

If there is anyone out there that has an SDR-1K with an 811h that can give me a hand via email or a quick landline it would be a HUGE help.

Thanks So Much

73's To All

Chris

N2WFK

ademarco4@comcast.net

Post #2024
Posted Friday, December 18, 2009 10:40 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, April 16, 2018 11:12 PM
The AL-811 should not be much different from another other cathode driven amplifier.
Does your 1000 have an ATU? Are you using it? Do you use the SDR tune feature?
There are a couple of ways to go: 1) Run without the ATU. Be sure to start with low drive power, tune the amp, then move the drive up. This method should operate about like any other rig. 2) If you use the ATU, it's a little trickier because both the SDR and the amp are tuning. The SDR/ATU only tunes til it is done then shuts off. Almost impossible to adjust the amp while that is going on. My solution: bypass the ATU initially, click TUNE and low power tune the amp. Then click FULL and TUNE and let the SDR tune to the amp. From that point on, any tuning is easier done in CW mode with the CWX window. Click KEY, then you can adjust the power to whatever suits you, tune, set drive, etc. The most important thing to do is choose a useful power setting for tune in the SETUP TRANSMIT window. It needs to be enough to tune the amp, but not overdrive either the SDR or the amp. The default 10 seems to work fine. 73,
Byron, w8syd@e-therapist.net

Byron L. Armstrong

www.e-therapist.net or w8syd.com

w8syd@e-therapist.net
Post #2091
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 4:28pm