FlexRadio 1500 release date.
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

FlexRadio 1500 release date. Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, September 26, 2009 7:43 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, September 28, 2009 9:11 PM
Can someone give us a fresh update about the release date for this new transceiver from from Flex? I'd like to get my hands on one before Christmas....... Come on guys give us an update. Thanks in advance.
Post #1951
Posted Sunday, December 13, 2009 9:02 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, August 8, 2010 7:11 AM
Hello Flexers

I also want to know the final Releasedate for the Flex 1500 i ordered
today. Christmas evening is near so i would be nice to have it soon.

So give us some information about it ...

PLEASE ....

73, Karl - DL9KSM
Post #2079
Posted Sunday, December 13, 2009 11:06 AM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Saturday, January 8, 2011 10:44 AM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I believe the release date will be around the end of March.  I base this on recent comments from the Flex staff on the Flex reflector.  Of course, this is subject to change but I wouldn't make plans for a Boxing Day outing with your new radio.

Rick McClelland, AA5S
Fort Collins, CO
Post #2080
Posted Tuesday, December 22, 2009 8:35 PM
Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: Sunday, June 9, 2013 10:21 PM
I wonder if the "introductory" price listed, $579, will hold through January? I am diligently saving my pennies and hope to place an order some time in mid to late January. I know the credit card isn't charged until it ships but I won't even order until I know I have all the bucks actually there waiting.

I also wonder if the Flex1500 can be used with an outboard soundcard without having to get drastic. I have an EMU 0202 usb card that can do 192khz sampling that would cover a lot bigger slice of the spectrum at a time.

It's NOT that big of a deal but just wondering. I plan to use it 99% on digital operation and eventually use my own custom software since I am a c, c++, and c# programmer. I have read that the software is basically open source - so that will be fun to see what I can do with it.

And while 5w is a nice starting point, eventually I will want to be able to get it pumped up to 50w continuous duty on digital with an outboard amp. 5w is enough to make a lot of contacts on good digital modes like Olivia and DominoEX but not enough to make consistent contacts for ragchewing.

Sounds great for portable though. My netbook Asus 904HD runs PowerSDR fine and will hopefully make a great combo with the Flex1500. The netbook has a 1.6ghz CPU, 2gb memory, and fast OCX SSD drive.

--Gary WB8ROL
Post #2109
Posted Wednesday, December 23, 2009 2:41 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:13 AM
The Flex 1500 uses internal AD & DA converters ( 48 K sample rate ) .. no external sound card is need... I dont think it will be possible to use an external sound card with MAJOR surgery.

See http://www.flex-radio.com/Products.aspx?topic=F3k_features

AL, K0VM
SDR-1000, Flex5000, Flex user since 2006
Post #2111
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 3:51am