Great radio for contesting
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Great radio for contesting Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Friday, September 11, 2009 5:44 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, August 27, 2010 7:39 AM
As I was given the job of Contest Manager for the RSGB SSB Field Day 2009 event, I decided that the group would get to grips with my new Flex3000.

Standard sort of contest station, Steppir beam for HF, dipole for 80m and a 1/4wave vertical for 40m. The Computer using two screens, one for the PowerSDR and one for N1MM.

The operators loved the panadaptor scope to see where the activity was and all commented how nice that was for S&P operation. They also loved the wonderful filtration and how you could dig out the weak stuff next to big signals.

IMHO, SDR is where contest groups will go, if they are not there already.

I bought the Flex3000 as an experiment as the price was reasonable for the facilities it offered. Not I must save for the 5000!

Simon M0BOX

Flex3000 vs K2 - tough choice, so I got both.
Post #1917
Posted Friday, September 11, 2009 7:20 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, October 1, 2012 4:40 PM
I also tried my Flex3000 NAQP back in August. I was also running N1MM logger with a laptop screen and another flat panel. The radio performed great. The only issue I had was at times N1MM and SDR 'fought' to be the 'active' windows. There were times I would press W for a call and SDR was active and it would switch freq.

I removed the default mappings in SDR to help. One item I did notice was with heavy load the output power dropped some until I placed a fan near the 3000. The room temp was around 79 degrees. I live in Texas what can I say.

Jeff
W5JNP

Jeff
W5JNP
Post #1918
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 8:05pm