Flex 3000 SWR meter
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Flex 3000 SWR meter Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, March 17, 2014 6:27 AM
Dear all,

I have noticed that when I transmit and the TX meter is on SWR it always give me a 0.0 to 1 reading even if I do not use the ATU. Using another rig I do get some SWR on my TH3jnr, so I am perplexed that I get nothing on the Flex 3K.

I also have a windom and I use the ATU and also this give me a 0.0 to 1 ratio when I tun on the other bands.

Any suggestion?

Regards

Chris

Post #1836
Posted Thursday, July 30, 2009 10:11 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, August 13, 2009 9:08 AM
I received a response on just this issue from Dudley today. Apparently, this is as designed.

Pete
AG7C
Post #1837
Posted Saturday, August 1, 2009 6:52 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, February 20, 2011 12:38 PM
I received a response on just this issue from Dudley today. Apparently, this is as designed.

Pete
AG7C

Then what purpose is the meter and what explanation did he give?

Pierce
W4ZDI

Pierce W4ZDI
Post #1838
Posted Sunday, August 2, 2009 12:36 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Monday, March 17, 2014 6:27 AM
Pete & Pierce

I am asking the same question. How will I measure the swr to see that i am tuned well? Infact reflected power does work so I know how much power is being reflected back, however i feel much better using SWR.  Do they intend to rectify the matter?

73s

Chris

Post #1841
Posted Sunday, August 2, 2009 9:20 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, August 13, 2009 9:08 AM
Hi guys,
I guess the real answers must come from FLEX.... But here is Dudley's reply to me.

Pete,

If you are in SSB, the TX Reflected power may not be accurate. The true reflected power will only be accurate in a continuous carrier mode, CW, AM, or Tune. The reason is that the sampling is not taking place fast enough in SSB for the sake of taking time away from radio performance.

Hope this helps,

--
Dudley

At home I use a Palstar AT1KP and its metering has spoiled me.
Portable, I am using the Flex-3000 alone. Yes, I would like the SWR to be available, but the addition of tuner memories in the future would be of much more use to me.

Pete
AG7C

Post #1843
Posted Monday, April 23, 2012 7:12 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, January 26, 2013 7:45 AM
The SWR on my Flex 3000 is also always at 0.1 on AM, FM it does not matter, if 5 or 99 on drive power.

The High SWR warning does come up, but how am I supposed to use an external
Antenna Tuner, if I can't see the SWR at the radio??

73 K2HAT

73 K2HAT fn32
Post #5596
Posted Tuesday, April 24, 2012 8:56 AM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Sunday, January 27, 2013 2:39 PM
Interesting, When I press the tune button on the Flex the SWR reading is close to the reading on the MFJ tuner meter. If I move away from a good tune the meter on the Flex reflects that change. I like to use the meter in the MFJ tuner as it is active all the time and I don't have to keep setting the Flex meter to SWR. I set it to ALC most of the time.
Post #5597
Posted Sunday, April 29, 2012 10:47 AM

Last Login: Monday, June 10, 2013 5:53 AM
This is how it should work(does with me!)

Select Setup and than Transmit.
On the left part of the screen just under drive select SWR!
Set the drive lets say at 5 watt.
Close the screen.
On the TX meter above the S meter of PowerSDR select SWR.
Press Tune!! It does not work with SSB.
That should work!

PD2HE

Post #5612
Posted Monday, April 30, 2012 9:48 AM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 12:47 AM

Chris,

As an additional comment, the SWR meter works correctly in Tune or solid carrier as AM, in SSB the 1000ms refresh is not quite enough to keep up with peaks. But in Tune, select SWR while in tune, have the RF at greater than 10 watts for better accuracy.

Dudley

FlexRadio Systems Support
512-535-4713, Option 2
http://helpdesk.flexradio.com
Post #5614
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 5:47am