PowerSDR 1.16.1 and SDR-1000
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

PowerSDR 1.16.1 and SDR-1000 Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, January 17, 2009 10:56 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, January 18, 2009 9:05 AM
Anyone else having problems with PowerSDR 1.16.1 not working (no signals present) on SDR-1000? Works with PowerSDR 1.14.0.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
David.
Post #1594
Posted Saturday, January 17, 2009 11:53 PM

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Friday, August 30, 2019 8:35 AM
Did you build a brand new database with v1.16.1?

-----
Tim - W4TME
Post #1595
Posted Sunday, January 18, 2009 9:11 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, January 18, 2009 9:05 AM
No change with reset database.

It sounds like antenna is disconnected. I can weakly receive AM broadcast station regardless of antenna connected or not. That's about all I can hear.

David.
Post #1596
Posted Sunday, January 18, 2009 11:02 AM

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Friday, August 30, 2019 8:35 AM
Hummmmmm. Did you do a recalibration of the radio after the software upgrade? It would be interesting to see if 50 mV gives a S9 (-72 dB) reading.

-----
Tim - W4TME
Post #1598
Posted Saturday, January 31, 2009 4:29 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, October 9, 2009 8:33 PM
Hi,

I'm brand new to Flex and SDR. I struggled for several days just trying to get the pre-owned Flex 1000 up and running. I've emailed Dudley several times and discussed the problems I was having with the previous owner. Both probably wish I would have never bought the radio.

I downloaded SRD 1.16.1 and never have gotten it to work. It was the only version on my computer. After pulling my hair out for 4 days and not getting any place and being out of options I downloaded an older version. I think it was 1.10.4....BINGO the Flex responded. I then downloaded 1.14.1 and it worked too.

I am doing the same things with 1.16.1 as I do with the older versions and it will NOT work.

I thought it was just me....maybe it is, but I'm relieved to hear about some one else having similar issues.

I almost was to the point of re-selling the Flex without ever making it work.

jlsxe

KB3XE
Jerry
Post #1624
Posted Friday, February 13, 2009 1:13 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 6:23 PM
I found that PowerSDR 1.8.0 doesn't work with my SDR-1000, but 1.16.? does work.  The problem with 1.8.0 was when going to CW mode the radio would flip immediately into standby.  This was erratic though, sometimes it would work, as though the control was using an uninitialized variable.  Going to 1.16.? solved it.  That is why I posted a question on what the parallel port mode should be but got no answer.  Apparently it doesn't matter much.

One thing I wish they would fix though is the getting started guide for the SDR-1000 on the website has a link for downloading the latest version of SDR1.x  and it gives you 1.8.0 (which doesn't work).  Another thing is that version does not give a warning on the audio setup test button which will overload your input, since no documentation bothers to mention that the SDR-1000 inputs can't handle normal sound card output voltages.  It just warns about using the recommended ones with the recommended settings but doesn't say why.

Post #1643
Posted Wednesday, February 25, 2009 5:29 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 7:06 AM
I have a home built replica of the SDR1000 and it does not work on Power SDR v1.16.1 . The required info for the band-passfilters is not on the pioboard plug J2 . With older versions it is working ok . I did replace the porttalk dll but that did not help . I am not a software guru so I am at quite a loss .

regards , William PA0WFO pa0wfo@chello.nl

Post #1674
Posted Monday, March 16, 2009 1:58 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 7:06 AM
Regarding the problems with Power SDR 1.16.1 : It is not possible to check in the setup of the software  for the RFE board to be present or not . The software writers assume that the RFE board is present which in older versions of the SDR 1000 is not always true . The RFE board converts serial info to parallel ditto to drive the low pass filters on the RFE board and also generates new info for the bandpass filterboard . It is an omission in the software which is the cause that there is not any bandpassfilter selected and it makes the SDR1000 in its original setup pretty useless with the new software versions 1.16,1 and 1.16..2 . Perhaps it is possible to include this part of the software in later versions . The SDR 1000 without the RFE will operate OK with the earlier versions of the software like 1.14.1 and earlier .

73,s William PA0WFO

Post #1699
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 7:12am