INVALID NUMBER OF CHANNELS
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

INVALID NUMBER OF CHANNELS Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, January 15, 2009 12:48 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, May 26, 2013 7:02 PM
I just purchased a good ASUS Esentio Vista 64 bit computer with 4 GB RAM, DUO processors etc.  I bought this computer for future use with a 5000A when the signed drivers come out.  In the meantime, I downloaded the latest SDR console which looks great on my large monitor and want to practice using the DEMO mode.  Only problem is, I get a message "INVALID NUMBER OF CHANNELS" each time I hit the start button on the console.  The same software runs great on my XP computer where I can play the I/Q recordings but want it to work with Vista before I actually order the 5000A.  Thanks

We suffer from kleptomania and sometimes have to take something for it.
Post #1585
Posted Thursday, January 15, 2009 1:05 PM

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Friday, August 30, 2019 8:35 AM
Contact Matt @ FlexRadio Systems (matt@flex-radio.com) and request a demo CD. I believe it will have the proper instructions for setting up the demo.

-----
Tim - W4TME
Post #1586
Posted Monday, March 15, 2010 10:40 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, July 16, 2010 10:35 AM
Did anyone figure out how to get the powersdr demo working with windows 7 and a 64bit machine?  I have tryed any number of fixes but still get the "invalid number of channels" error.

K3NPK

Post #2380
Posted Saturday, December 17, 2011 10:14 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, January 15, 2012 10:17 PM
I have the same problem. I don't even know what the error means and I can't find any documentation to tell me how to go about repairing the error. "Invalid Number of Channels" is too cryptic. I know this is an old thread but it sure would be nice if some suggestions as to the meaning of the message and how to solve the error could be provided.

My computer is an HP w/ AMD phenom x4 (quad core) @ 2.30GHz w/8GB ram. Win 7, 64bit, SP1

Thanks,

Sean
Post #5224
Posted Saturday, December 24, 2011 12:38 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, January 1, 2012 2:58 PM
Within the list of audio devices are Input and Output channles. If you pick the virtual audio cables 1 and 2 from the same sound mapper (both input channles for example) then you will get this error. You need to ensure you select the Virtual audio cables form each mapper correctly.

Take a look at this audio channel map form WSJT setup:

Not the virutal audio cables are listed twice, both int he 'input' sound mapper (Audio devices 3 and 4) and in the 'output' sound mapper (audio devices 9 and 10).

Let us say that you have setup VAC as suggested within PowerSDR with the input being Virtual Calbe 2 and output Virtual Audio cable 1.

If you selected (from the image above) virtual audio devices 3 and 4 (which would be virtual cables 1 and 2) you would get the error you are seeing as both cables are selected from the Input sound mapper. For everything to work correctly you woul dneed to select audio device 3 from the Input sound mapper and Audio device 10 from the output sound mapper.

For the sack of example, I have reconfigures WSJT to take the audio devices 3, 4 which corresponds to Virtual cables 2 and 1 although both are from the input sound mapper, this is the result:

This is a little complicated but I hope this goes soem way to help!

Justin G0KSC

Justin G0KSC
www.InnovAntennas.com
Post #5249
Posted Friday, January 20, 2012 5:18 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, January 20, 2012 5:08 AM
I really enjoyed the post but was wondering if you had any advice for those who have some nice bunch of ideas. Thanks!

plumber Richardson
plumber DeSoto
plumber Duncanville
plumber Rowlett
Post #5352
Posted Sunday, January 22, 2012 4:04 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 8:32 PM
I had the same problem with My new computer (Dell XPS-8300 - 7008 ) while trying to run the Demo Mode when I was waiting on the Firewire card to arrive. After I got it and installed it all the problems went away and It worked and Ran my 5000A great..
Post #5355
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 10:19pm