A VAC(?) Problem solved
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

A VAC(?) Problem solved Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, November 25, 2008 4:40 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:13 AM
I was attempting to get a third party Ham program (EasyPal DSSTV) program to interface thru VAC to PowerSDR and F5K on a new computer (HP 5600 dual core with 32 bit Vista). I had this combination running on an XP machine before so I thought I KNEW it would work. BUT even though some other third party ham programs (MixW, MMTTY) worked, EasyPal RX would not connect to VAC (as indicated by the VAC control Panel).
With this particular combination of OS and mother board sound card driver, the input side of the mother board sound card does not appear in the EasyPal RX sound card devices UNTIL I plugged something (anything) into the sound card mic input. Once I did that, VAC connected to EasyPal RX and it began to work.
Now this is not an PSDR problem and probably not a VAC problem but rather probably a bug in EasyPal. Other third party ham programs ( I haven't tried them all ) could also have this problem.
If you can't get that third party ham program to connect to VAC and you don't seen the MB sound card in the SC devices list, try plugging something into the MB sound card.

AL, K0VM

AL, K0VM
SDR-1000, Flex5000, Flex user since 2006
Post #1428
Posted Thursday, March 29, 2012 7:26 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, March 29, 2012 7:17 AM
Thanks a lot, K0VM!
Next time if I have such a problem, I'll follow your tips!
That's cool to share our experience in this sphere!

Try this image editor.
Post #5530
Posted Saturday, April 21, 2012 1:12 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, April 21, 2012 12:21 AM
Which interface will be most compatible with vista?

swim caps
Post #5585
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 12:52am