MIDI Controllers?
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

MIDI Controllers? Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, November 9, 2008 11:23 AM
I've searched high and low and now I am assuming that there is NO MIDI support as of yet? I've been doing music production and DJ'ing for a while and have collected a quite a few controllers that I use all the time with Abelton Live and Audition. Speaking from experience... being able to assign a MIDI control to a virtual adjustment is usually 10 times better than making the adjustment via the mouse.

Aaron
Post #1363
Posted Monday, November 3, 2008 9:02 AM

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Sunday, July 19, 2015 5:13 AM
MIDI is used in the FLEX-5000/3000 products, but only the device control messages are utilized. All commands sent from PowerSDR to and from the radio hardware are actually MIDI control messages. Support of other MIDI capabilities are not supported, as the FLEX-5000 is not actually a MIDI accessible device as one would associate with a musical instrument, like a keyboard or guitar.

-----
Tim - W4TME
Post #1364
Posted Monday, November 3, 2008 3:44 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, November 9, 2008 11:23 AM
We are talking about the same thing, sort of. I did find this which I think it does what I was talking about.

FlexRadio PowerSDR Supports Industry Standard MIDI Hardware Control
With the introduction of a FireWire® control interface on the FLEX-5000 and FLEX-3000, FlexRadio PowerSDR now supports the industry standard MIDI control protocol.

Which if I have read it right I can assign a control from my midi controller to change the values of whatever on the PowerSDR. Which if that is right means I could theoretically plug in all my DJ/Music Production controllers and never touch a mouse while operating the radio.
Post #1366
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 11:54pm