Suggest 5W for the Flex-1500
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Suggest 5W for the Flex-1500 Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 8:21 PM
While 1W is great for driving transverters, I think a 5W output would make this rig much more attractive to the market because it could be used by QRP operators out of the box. (e.g. FT 817)

If you can't provide more than a watt - then I guess there will be a market for power amplifiers.

73's

Stu2
Post #1306
Posted Saturday, October 4, 2008 8:47 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, April 16, 2011 7:48 PM
I agree that 5W would be terrific. That was the first comment that my QRP friends made when I told them about the new Flex. Please do what is necessary to get the radio to 5W. They will fly off the shelves with the QRP community.

Mack
WB4MAK
Flex 5000A owner and member or QRP ARCI

Mack McCormick
Post #1307
Posted Thursday, October 9, 2008 8:30 AM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Wednesday, April 7, 2010 12:23 PM
With a 5W QRP Flex-Radio, I will buy one today!  I currently have the F5Ka and absolutely love it.  A small 5W Flex and a laptop computer make an ideal rig for my camper.

Having WAS QRP and having worked over 30 countries QRP (many on ssb), I feel that 5W is a reasonable requirement.  While I have operated a lot of QRP with 1W, it is much more difficult to make contacts at this power.  With the sunspot cycle the way it curently is, 1W won't meet my needs.  5W, however, will work out just fine!

Please consider a 5W qrp rig.  If you are accepting orders for a 5W rig, will send you my CC# today.

George, K2CM

Post #1308
Posted Thursday, October 23, 2008 2:56 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, January 15, 2009 5:51 AM
Hi everybody,

I have already pre-ordered a Flex 1500 via Appello in Germany (please hurry with the CE certification ).

This should show already the trust I have in this product but I agree with all here in the forum that it would be perfect if the rig would come already with 5W out - even if the price raises.

PLEEEEAAAAAASSSSSEEE .....

Best 73 es gb de Lutz, LX1LH/DD1ZH

Post #1339
Posted Friday, October 24, 2008 10:22 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, April 16, 2011 7:48 PM
I agree! 5W is definitely needed and the QRPers will buy them without question. Please offer a 5W version.

Mack
WB4MAK

Mack McCormick
Post #1346
Posted Friday, February 6, 2009 3:58 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, March 7, 2009 2:37 PM
I will add my **Vote** for 5 watts. Would order one right away if 5w output was available.

~Andy
Post #1633
Posted Thursday, February 12, 2009 11:30 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, April 10, 2010 11:42 PM
Yes!! Please provide a nice 5 watt version!

Reg k6xr
Post #1641
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 10:46am