Phenomenal Radio 5000A
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Phenomenal Radio 5000A Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Sunday, September 21, 2008 9:05 AM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, April 7, 2010 12:23 PM
At the recommendation of a ham in our radio club, I bought the Flex5000A.  Am pleased beyond belief!

1.  The filters are sharp and really eliminate a lot of QRM, escpecially on CW

2.  The noise level on all bands seems to be at an all time low with the radio.  On the 756P3, I picked up a lot of "noise" that made signals uncopyable.  The 5000A does not receive that noise...not sure why, but its a big improvement.  Am hearing signals that I would never have heard before.

3.  The CW keying is superb!  I use the MFJ keyer into the 5000A and have no lag between key press and sidetone.

4.  On phone, I typically find a signal and drag it into the passband with the mouse

5.  I bought the Griffen "wheel" for tuning; but, it really isn't needed.  The scroll wheel on a mouse works quite well...and even that isn't needed.  Dragging or pulling the display with the mouse works well.

6.  It took me about 5 minutes to get used to useing the mouse as compared to knobs.  The mouse is better.

Love the radio....it was the best choice.

George

K2CM, Apalachin, NY

Post #1271
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 1:31am