SDR1000 and external AT120 longwire tuner
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

SDR1000 and external AT120 longwire tuner Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, December 23, 2006 5:20 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, January 6, 2007 11:30 AM
Hi,

I am a newby with SDR1000 and I am plannig to 're-use' my previous antenna setup (a long wire connected to an automatic old AT120 Icom Antenna tuner) with my SDR.

With an Icom radio you have a special 4 wires connectors (+12v, Start, Stop, Gnd) which connects to the back of the radio and is wired to the autotuner.

Does anybody is using such tuner with an SDR, how it is wired, is there any clue to use this 'hardware protocol' to make the SDR entering into tune mode (reduced output) until the tuner will finish its tune ?.

Any help are welcome,
Happy christmas
Jean-marc

Post #106
Posted Thursday, December 28, 2006 4:13 PM

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Friday, August 30, 2019 7:04 AM
The internal tuner that we offer has it's own internal keying logic that works with our software.  There is no need to connect external wires for this purpose using our internal tuner.  Having said that, if you wnat to connect an external tuner to our radio.  The catch is that we may not support special wiring like that of an Icom tuner (as we have no provisions for that input).

Eric Wachsmann

FlexRadio Systems

Post #111
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 4:39am